Friday, August 8, 2014

Life As Of Lately

It's official. We have lived on the island for over a year! Time sure does travel quickly. This summer we decided to stay in Grenada instead of going home. I was incredibly nervous to stay as it all can be a bit overwhelming at times and we both miss our friends and family. Now that our summer is coming to a close, Adam just finished his finals for 3rd term, and we start 4th term on Tuesday, I can tell you that staying this summer was one of the best decisions we have ever made. I fell in love with this island. Lets just hope it stays that way...

I've really started to fit into this groove on the island. I just feel like I am starting to finally get it; what it means to live and love it here. Maybe our move to a new apartment had something to do with it, maybe it's that my heart has changed, or maybe it was because I got to see a TON of Adam this summer, but whatever the reason, I am so grateful to be here. I've started to meld into a certain lifestyle down here, and it's suiting me just fine.

Most Every day, Mr. B begs to go outside to play. The early evenings are spent on our front porch, in the grass, playing in the car, or going for walks to a little secret beach down the street. It's a simple life, but I'm so content and at peace with how things are that I hope to keep it this way. We don't always do something crazy or adventurous (although we have been adventurous!) but watching that little man explore the world around him just makes me so happy.


 












No comments:

Post a Comment