Monday, December 1, 2014

Having a Puppy Can be Fun..

Having a puppy that wakes up at 2:30 in the morning ready to play is not fun. We've been talking about getting a puppy for a while. We agreed that when the right one came along we would adopt him/her but after looking around for a little bit we came to the conclusion that it just wasn't the right time for us. Then came along this little girl. She just kind of stole our hearts with those beady little eyes of hers, we couldn't resist. I'd be lying if I said I haven't questioned my decision, especially in those moments when while I'm cleaning up puppy pee Mr. B decides to let loose on our tile floor, or how my newly potty trained toddler thinks it's okay to pee outside because that's what we're telling the dog to do, or when I get very little sleep trying to keep her quiet so the hubs and said toddler can get some sleep, or when I just feel so overwhelmed and a little like I have two kids. I've never had a puppy this young before and boy, is it hard.

But then I have those moments when I don't regret it so much.

Like when Mr. B runs and little Scout Finch follows him with her tail wagging so hard her body almost loses control, or when he wakes up in the morning and the first thing he does is ask for "Sout" or "Puppy", or when she is so tired from playing with Mr. B she can't even stand up to eat her food, or when she cuddles up to me and sweetly closes her eyes to dream of finding the most mischievous place to relieve herself in my house. She really is such a sweetheart, even if she's a stinker and a half.

The first day we got her, she curled up on the floor and tried to sleep under our coffee table. Mr. B found her, lay down with her, and rubbed her back. It was just the sweetest moment, my heart melted. They're already the best of friends and the worst of enemies, which is exactly what I wanted.








No comments:

Post a Comment